Wednesday 1 February 2012

We're Off




 It's a beautiful sunny morning. We're sitting in the queue at the ferry port at Portsmouth. It was a cold run down here last night, arriving about 1.30am after having a marvellous supper with Adam and Riek in Bristol.
The journey started well. I was under the rear axle by Pyle! The new break linings obviously weren’t coping with motorway driving, I mistook travelling through Port Talbot with the smell we were experiencing! It was nothing to do with the fine steel works but the unmistakeable odour of break shoes overheating.
I soon found myself happily under the rear wheels, letting off the brake adjusters and the hand break cable! A joy for me in comparison to packing the van and tidying the house, I know where I stand with brakes and I'm back in charge of my 26 year old bus, on the road again.
She's going well now, brakes are fine.
We are very excited to be going on another adventure. We've been doing this since we were teenagers and there's nothing quite like waiting to get on a ferry boat. An unknown journey full of unknown people and places. And some, we've been to and met before. This, after all, is our third trip in a row to Morocco. Third time lucky? How could we be any luckier?
So the adventure begins




No comments:

Post a Comment